Ace Tots Preschool provides meals that meet regulations set forth by USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) to ensure our children are provided with fun and most importantly, nutritious meal options! We provide children in our programs Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks. We offer USDA Food program to all enrolled children at no extra cost. Morning nutritious breakfast, Lunch and afternoon snacks are freshly prepared daily. Menus are generated every week. A copy of the menu is also posted on the parent board. Our staff attends a variety of trainings to remain up to date on all federal and local regulations for child nutrition. We continually update our menus seasonally, and make our meals as fun as possible.
By serving nutritious meals and snacks, we help children get the nourishment and energy they need to be healthy, learn to make healthful food choices, and have a positive attitude about food and eating. Research has shown that there are crucial relationships among nutrition, health, and learning. We foster and inculcate healty eating habbits, including how important it is to eat a variety of foods.
Click here to download Sample Food Menu
Our nutritional program is top tier for the following reasons:
- Parents are assured that their children will be served high quality meals, thus children are less likely to experience fatigue and illness and therefore less work absenteeism of parents. Children are healthier, happier and will develop at a normal physical, emotional and intellectual pace.
- Open communication with all parents regarding their child’s eating habits, to ensure that their child’s dietary needs are met and exceeded.
- Our belief that learning does not stop at meal time, thus we encourage and praise children to eat and drink independently. This allows children to gain the sense of independence as well as social and motor skills that will serve them well as they move on to grade school past our program.
- Healthy options during all meal times, including fruits and veggies, limiting or eliminating fried foods or foods that do not have much nutritional value for our students.
- To help develop and reinforce positive eating habits in young children enrolled in our Programs
- Alternative items for students who are allergic to certain foods.
- Flexible options for students with dietary restrictions or allergies. This includes the options for students to be served Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk or juice (With supporting documentation)